Sunday, July 05, 2009

So it has been a couple of days since I posted, but man has it been crazy. This was my first year to be in charge of our annual Hutchens-Barnes Reunion, and I was stressed to the max. I was so worried that something was going to go wrong. Well, of course, on my first year, IT DID! A cousin told me that someone stole her wallet straight out of her purse, took out the money and threw the wallet in the tank part of the toilet! Now, the first thing that came to my mind was ANGER! WHY? Then my husband got up front to make announcements and said,'"We are all going through some tough times right now with the way the economy is hitting us. Some of us may be going through worse times than others, but if you will let us know anyone here would be glad to help you. We will be praying for whatever issues you have.'" I was quite proud of the way he handled it, I couldn't have done it with that much love myself. We passed around a basket and everyone put in a dollar or so to replace the money that was stolen. Of course, the perpetrator never confessed, but alls well. Other than that, which was big in my book, the reunion went great. Plenty of food and conversation to hold us over til next year!
Then we went to Pauls grandmothers to watch the big fireworks. It all started with great fellowship and good food, until the tornadoes! Finally the fireworks were shot @ 10pm.
Though the day was crazy busy, as I sit to blog about it I realize what an enjoyable time of fellowship I had with each group and am blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family members in my life!

No comments: